Can use any vegetable you want. We used paneer, potato, eggplant, cauliflower, onion, and spinach.
1. Combine in a medium bowl approx. 3 cups of chickpea flour, 3/4 T salt, 1 T turmeric, 1 T ground coriander, 1/2 T red chili powder, 2 T dry mango powder, 2 T cumin seeds, and 3/4 T Hing.
2. Slowly add lukewarm water into the dry ingredients. Be sure to get all the lumps out while stirring it with your hand. Continue adding water until the mixture is the consistency of paste or thick cake batter. If you would like, add fresh coriander leaves (cilantro) into batter for extra flavor.
3. Heat pot, then add frying oil. The hotter the oil, the less saturated the dough will get.
4. Dip desired vegetables into batter coating evenly.
5. Add a few vegetables into pot at once. Let cook until batter puffs up, then flip over. When golden brown, take out, and let drain on paper towel.
6. Enjoy with your favorite chutney!